I have graduated and joined IBM TJ Watson Research Center.
I was a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology where I worked with Prof. Ling Liu. My research interests center around distributed systems, Cloud Computing and data management with a focus on performance optimizaton, resource management and security. I recently have been working on research projects related with Cloud monitoring, one of the most fundamenal functionalities that basic Cloud operations such as resource provisioning, power management and task scheduling all rely on. My dissertation on Monitoring-as-a-Service in the Cloud is here. I design a layered approach that addresses performance, efficiency, scalability, reliability as well as monitoring data utility issues at fundamental levels of a Cloud monitoring infrastructure such as data collection, event detection and monitoring data management. In the past, I have also worked on IPTV service delivery, privacy-preserving data management and overlay networks.
My research focuses on both theory and practice. I look to the real world for practical, important and inspiring problems. These problems motive me to devise solutions with provable properties and solid theorectical guarantees. Finally, I build and deploy real systems to implement and evaluate these solutions.
- Our paper "Volley: Violation Likelihood Based State Monitoring for Dataceners" is accepted by ICDCS 2013!
- I just received the SPEC Distinguished Dissertation Award 2012! [Announcement] [Dissertation]
- I have joined IBM Research@TJ Watson!
- Program committee member: DASFAA 2013, Data Analytics 2012, ICDM 2011, ICUMT 2010, P2PNET 2009
- Journal review: IEEE TPDS 2012/2013, IEEE TC 2012, IEEE TSC 2011/2012/2013, Computer Networks (Elsevier) 2011, JPDC (Elsevier) 2010
- Conference review: Middleware 2012, ICDCS 2010, VLDB 2010, ICDE 2010, WWW 2010, ICWS 2010, IEEE Cloud 2010, P2P 2010, ICDM 2010, ICWS 2009, WWW 2008, ICDM 2008